Our sportsgrounds and halls are perfect for events, such as:
- birthday parties
- sports clinics
- corporate functions.
Step 1: Choose a venue
Refer to our Sportsgrounds and sports facilities page to see a list of our venues and the facilities at these venues.
Step 2: Request a venue booking
You can submit your casual booking request for a sportsground or facility using our online booking system.
If it's your first time using the online system, you'll need to create an account with a username and password. Once you've created an account, you can view the availability of venues and submit your booking request.
When you are using our online booking system:
- You can book a sportsground, a sportsground with a hall, or a hall.
- A hall is referred to as a pavilion when it is located next to a sportsground.
- There may be limited availability of our sportsgrounds and halls on weekends and weeknights when they are used by sporting clubs
- We may not be able to accommodate your booking request at sporting venues during the changeover of summer and winter sports (March and September).
Permitted activities (Council approval required)
- Children’s entertainment (Face painting, magicians, party characters etc.)
- Equipment that can be weighted down
- Animal farms/petting zoos/Pony rides
- Reptile farms/live enclosures
- Jumping castles
- Amusement rides
- Portable BBQs (gas, electric, coals/spit roast)
- Fog machines
- Equipment that will be pegged or staked into the grounds
Step 3: Booking notification
Once we've received your booking request, we'll notify you if the venue is available at the time you have chosen.
If the venue is not available, we'll let you know by email. You will be invited back to the online booking system to request another day or time.
Step 4: Booking confirmation and fee payment
If the venue is available, we'll send you an email to confirm your booking, including an invoice for the booking fee.
You can pay the fee by:
- emailing [email protected] the completed form on your invoice with your credit card details for payment
- mailing a cheque to Private Bag 1, Camberwell VIC 3124.
Casual hire fees (valid until 30 June 2023)
|Sportsgrounds||$67 per hour|
|Pavilions and halls||$67.50 per hour|
|Bond (refunded after the event, subject to a site inspection by Council)||Starting from $200|
Step 5: Final booking confirmation
When we've received your payment, we'll send you a final email confirmation of your booking.
You can view the status of your application by logging into your online account on our online Venue booking system.
Step 6: Collect keys
If you have booked a hall, we'll send you instructions for collecting keys.
Cancellations made with more than 10 business days' notice will be charged a $57 cancellation fee during the refund process.
Cancellations made with less than 10 full business days' notice will lead to the forfeit of the total hire fee to the Council.
Cancellations of bookings must be made in writing by emailing [email protected] and including a reference to your booking ID and location.