Coronavirus update 13 March 2020

COVID-19 restrictions: what's closed and what's open.

Some of our services may be closed or have different hours for the public holiday on Friday 23 October.

Only contractors with a Vehicle Crossing Permit number can submit this notification. 

If you don't have a permit, you can apply for a Vehicle Crossing Permit online.

If the application is still being assessed, contact us on 9278 4505 or email [email protected] 

Step 1. Submit a pre-works notification online

Submit the notification between 10 and 20 business days before works begin. 

Prepare and submit pre-works documents

Make sure you have on hand your:

  • Vehicle Crossing Permit number 
  • traffic/pedestrian management plan
  • Certificate of Currency showing a minimum $10 million of public liability insurance.

Depending on the permit conditions you may also need a:

  • notification letter to residents whose access may be affected
  • VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation
  • approval from any relevant public authority regarding their assets.


Submit a vehicle crossing pre-works notification

Step 2. Pre-pour inspection

Organise a pre-pour inspection 2 business days before works begin. Call 9278 4505 to arrange a time.

We will inspect the preparation and discuss with you how to complete the crossing to the correct standard. 

Step 3. Final inspection

We will conduct a final inspection usually 1 to 2 weeks after the pre-pour inspection. If there are issues we will contact the permit holder to discuss how they can be corrected.

More information

For help or advice, contact us on 9278 4505 or email [email protected]


How useful was this information?