Only contractors with a Vehicle Crossing Permit number can submit this notification.
If you don't have a permit, you can apply for a Vehicle Crossing Permit online.
Step 1. Submit a pre-works notification online
Submit the notification between 10 and 20 business days before works begin.
Prepare and submit pre-works documents
Make sure you have on hand your:
- Vehicle Crossing Permit number
- traffic/pedestrian management plan
- Certificate of Currency showing a minimum $10 million of public liability insurance.
Depending on the permit conditions you may also need a:
- notification letter to residents whose access may be affected
- VicRoads Memorandum of Authorisation
- approval from any relevant public authority regarding their assets.
Step 2. Pre-pour inspection
Organise a pre-pour inspection 2 business days before works begin. Call 9278 4505 to arrange a time.
We will inspect the preparation and discuss with you how to complete the crossing to the correct standard.
Step 3. Final inspection
We will conduct a final inspection usually 1 to 2 weeks after the pre-pour inspection. If there are issues we will contact the permit holder to discuss how they can be corrected.