Since 2014, both Flexicar and GoGet have been operating car share vehicles in Boroondara.
Car share is a membership based, pay as you go, service that includes all expenses including insurance and fuel. Vehicles can be rented for as little as one hour and as long as three days. If you would like to join, you can choose from a flexible pay plan that suits you. You will then be sent a swipe card that gives you access to cars in Boroondara and beyond.
An overview of car share can be found here
Car share brochure (PDF, 3.8MB)
Car share pods in Boroondara
Available Flexicar vehicles include car share pods at:
- Evansdale Road, near Hawthorn Station, Hawthorn – view map
- Wakefield Street, north side of Glenferrie Station, Hawthorn – view map
- South side of Glenferrie Station, car park accessible via Serpells Lane, Hawthorn – view map
- Hawthorn Grove, near Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- Victoria Road, near Auburn Station, Hawthorn East
- Broomfield Road, near Auburn Road, Hawthorn East
- Malin Street, near Barkers Road, Kew.
Available GoGet vehicles include car share pods at:
- Kinkora Road, near Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- Park Street, near Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- Lynch Street, near Glenferrie Road, Hawthorn
- Glenferrie Road, to the south of Oxley Road, Hawthorn
- Wellington Street, near Denmark Road, Kew.
To read about how Flexicar or GoGet operates or for more information:
Read the adopted Car Share Policy and the associated Car Share Procedures.