The Boroondara Community Strengthening Grants enable the community to implement projects, run events and provide services to meet outcomes that are valued by the community.
The Program aligns funding to community needs as identified within the Council Plan, Public Health and Wellbeing Plan and other key Council strategies and plans.
The Community Strengthening Grants Program objectives are to:
- Increase participation of residents in their community
- Increase inclusion and representation of underrepresented groups and issues
- Develop innovative approaches to local issues
- Encourage flexible, multi-purpose use of Council facilities
- Assist groups and volunteers to develop skills and build capacity
- Encourage the sustainability and better governance of community organisations
- Encourage partnerships between local organisations and the development of local community networks.
Applications for 2016-17 Annual Grants are now closed. Triennial Operational Grants will open in early February 2017 and the next round of Annual Grants in late April 2017.