In the coming months we’ll be making borrowing and returning books more convenient for all our library customers. During this time, our 6 libraries will see upgrades to technology and spaces, including new self-service kiosks to borrow and renew items.
To implement these changes safely and in a timely manner, each of our libraries will need to be closed.
We will only be closing one library at a time, starting with Greythorn Library Lounge.
During this period, you are welcome to visit and return books to any of the other branches of the Boroondara Library Service.
You can collect reserved items from an alternative branch.
Items borrowed from the closed library won't be due during the closed period.
|Library branch||Closure dates|
|Greythorn Library Lounge||Reopened|
|Kew Library||6pm, Monday 4 November, reopening Friday 22 November|
Changes during library upgrades
Changes to our service at your local branch during closures include:
- Items cannot be returned to a library that is closed due to building works, as there won't be access to return chutes. Items can be returned at any of our 5 other libraries.
- Due dates on loans from a closed library will be extended. Items borrowed from the closed library won't be due during the closed period.
- Some events will be cancelled or moved, and others will continue as advertised.
- Reservations will be temporarily relocated to another library while a specific library is closed. The location will vary depending on which library is closed.
- The e-waste collection bank at Kew Library will be unavailable during it's closure. Read the e-waste page to see the location of other banks.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your support while we work on improving our technology.
Most of our children's activities are also held at other libraries so you are welcome to attend at another location. Head over to our storytime page for details of other sessions.
Cancelled events at Kew Library
- Preschool storytime, 6 November, 13 November, 20 November
- Stitch evening session, 7 November
- Make it, 7 November
- Virtual reality session, 8 November
- English conversation club 8 November, 15 November
- Tiny tots storytime, 12 November
Book group kits
More detailed information and updates on each branch will be released during the building work period. Please check the library home page or social media feed, or subscribe to our eNewsletter for updates.