Remembrance Day 2018 marks the Centenary of Armistice - 100 years since the end of World War I and 4 years of continuous warfare.
To help commemorate this special anniversary, we've have put together a reading list for adults and children. Pick up one of these great titles to learn more about World War I, Australia's history and the great Anzac spirit.
Adult non-fiction books
- Legends of the war: the AIF in France 1918 by Pat Beale
- Winning and losing on the Western Front: the British Third Army and the defeat of Germany in 1918 by Jonathan Boff
- Australians on the Western Front 1918: volume 1 resisting the great German offensive by David Cameron
- Australians on the Western Front 1918: volume 2 spearheading the great British offensive by David Cameron
- Peace at last: a portrait of Armistice day, 11 November 1918 by Guy Cuthbertson
- Heroes of Hamel by Stephen Dando-Collins
- 1918 year of victory: the end of the Great War and the shaping of history by Ashley Ekins
- Monash's masterpiece: the battle of le hamel and the 93 minutes that changed the world by Peter FitzSimons
- The last battle: endgame on the Western Front, 1918 by Peter Hart
- Odyssey of the unknown Anzac by David Hastings
- Soldier boy: the true story of Jim Martin the youngest Anzac by Anthony Hill
- Western Front 1917-1918: the cost of victory by John Lafinn
- To the last man: Spring 1918 by Lyn MacDonald
- Anzacs on the Western Front: the Australian War memorial battlefield guide by P. A. Pederden
- Monash and Chauvel: how Australia's two greatest generals changed the course of world history by Roland Perry
- Mutiny on the Western Front 1918 by Greg Raffin
- The First World War by Gary Sheffield.
Junior fiction titles
- The Anzac violin: Alexander Aitken’s story by Jennifer Beck
- Jack’s bugle by Krista Bell
- Alfred’s war by Rachel Bin Salleh
- The beach they called Gallipoli by Jackie French
- Roly the Anzac donkey by Glyn Harper
- A soldier, a dog and a boy by Libby Hathorn
- One minute’s silence by David Metzenthen
- The ANZAC puppy by Peter Millet
- Armistice by Ruth Starke
- My Gallipoli by Ruth Starke
- Digger: the dog who went to war by Mark Wilson.
Junior picture book titles
- The little stowaway: a true story by Vicky Bennett
- Lest we forget by Kerry Brown
- Digger by Mike Dumbleton
- My grandad marches on Anzac Day by Catriona Hoy
- Anzac Ted by Belinda Landsberry
- Along the road to Gundagai by Jack O’Hagen
- Reflection: remembering those who serve in war by Rebecka Sharpe Shelberg
- The last Anzac by Gordon Winch.