Looking for help with the reading list for your local book group? Boroondara book groups can now borrow Book Group Kits at Kew Library.
Our librarians have chosen a range of thought-provoking titles your book group will love. Each kit consists of 12 regular print copies, plus 2 large print and 2 talking book copies where possible.
Any book group is welcome to try and we would appreciate your feedback.
How to use Book Group Kits
- To reserve a kit, email [email protected].
- You can borrow a kit for up to 60 days from Kew Library with a Boroondara Library Service membership card.
- Return kits in person, at any Boroondara Library Branch during opening hours.
Conditions of loaning Book Group Kits
- The kits can be returned to any branch. Staff will check the kits are complete while the borrower is present. We cannot accept incomplete kits for return.
- In line with library policy, if an individual book is damaged or lost the borrower is liable and must pay the retail price of the single item.
- As per library policy kits will incur overdue charges of. 30c per day.
This is a trial project to gauge interest in an ongoing service, so we invite your feedback.
Note that during the Kew Library closures for technology upgrades, customers who have requested a book group kit will be able to collect it at another library branch.
If you have any questions or comments, please email our Adult Services Librarian, Kew Library, at [email protected].