Boroondara Library Service members now have access to a free, diverse catalogue of films and TV shows through the highly sought after streaming platform, Kanopy.
Kanopy features over 30,000 titles including over 3,000 documentaries on topics like health and wellness, history, ethnicity and identity, media and politics. Documentaries include popular titles like Marwencol and Exit Through the Gift Shop.
There’s more than 500 world cinema titles in a variety of languages from Shin Godzilla to Michaelangelo Antonioni’s classic L’Avventura.
You’ll find a wide selection of Australian titles from contemporary hits like The Dressmaker and Lion, to indie classics like Strictly Ballroom or Wake in Fright.
Selections are curated for a diverse range of audiences, including First Nations films and titles for LGBTQI audiences.
There’s also a separate selection of children’s content called Kanopy Kids, which showcases a range of helpful categories like Story Time, TV Series and Classic Tales, as well as educational documentaries.
There is a limit of 10 movies per month, but Boroondara Library Service members have unlimited access to all television series.
How to use Kanopy
1. To open Kanopy on your preferred digital device:
- download the app and watch from your tablet or smart phone
- use the Kanopy website to stream on your desktop web browser
- view from your smart TV web browser or connect your device to your television with Apple TV, Google Chromecast or an HDMI cable.
2. Log in with your library membership card details.
3. Browse the collection and watch your favourite TV shows and films.
To get started, visit Kanopy.
For more information, contact Boroondara Library Service on 9278 4666.