Are you an older Australian who would like to improve your digital technology skills?
Boroondara Library Service knows that getting started with technology can be a little daunting, so to help you build confidence and skills we are running a series of free workshops throughout 2018 across our five libraries that will introduce you to the Australian Government digital technology initiative - Be Connected.
Be Connected is an online course that will teach you about:
- Computer basics
- Internet and email
- Online security
- Online shopping
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook and Twitter)
- Video calls and messaging (e.g. Skype and WhatsApp)
- Watching and listening online (e.g. ABC iView and SBS Demand).
During the workshop you will register with the Be Connected online course and start working through the course with the professional trainer.
The workshops are hands-on so bring along your laptop or tablet. The Library will provide a laptop if you do not have a device.
Registration is essential. To register for a workshop at your local library, go to the relevant link:
- Be Connected at Ashburton Library
- Be Connected at Balwyn Library
- Be Connected at Camberwell Library
- Be Connected at Kew Library
- Be Connected at Hawthorn Library
You can also register by calling 9278 4666. You can register for as many workshops as you like.
We look forward to seeing you and helping on your technology journey.