Are you an older Australian who would like to improve your digital technology skills?
Boroondara Library Service knows that getting started with technology can be a little daunting, so we are running a series of free workshops that introduce you to the Australian Government digital technology initiative - Be Connected.
Be Connected is an online course that will teach you about:
- computer basics
- Internet and email
- online security
- online shopping
- social networking (e.g. Facebook and Twitter)
- video calls and messaging (e.g. Skype and WhatsApp)
- watching and listening online (e.g. ABC iView and SBS Demand).
During the workshop you will register with the Be Connected online course and start working through the course with the professional trainer.
The workshops are hands-on so bring along your laptop or tablet. The Library will provide a laptop if you do not have a device.
Register for a Be Connected workshop
Registration is essential. You can register for as many workshops as you like.
To register for a workshop at your local library, go to the relevant link:
- Be Connected at Balwyn Library (16 July to 29 October 2018)
- Be Connected at Camberwell Library (11 Sept to 2 October 2018)
- Be Connected at Kew Library (10 May to 30 November 2018)
You can also register by calling 9278 4666.
Workshops at Ashburton and Hawthorn Libraries were held earlier this year.
Find more events and activities to add life to you years in our new online hub for Over 55s