Our libraries are now open. Booking is no longer required.
You can enter our libraries to:
- browse our shelves
- borrow our items
- collect reservations
- ask our staff questions
- access PCs and printing
You can also access limited seating and study spaces, as well as read our newspapers.
Up to 100 visitors may be inside at the one time at Ashburton, Balwyn, Camberwell, Hawthorn and Kew libraries, and up to 20 may be inside at the Greythorn Library Lounge.
Our libraries are open from Monday to Saturday for 2 sessions a day. The first open session will run from 10am to 12.30pm. The library will close for cleaning and maintenance and then the second open session will run from 1.30pm to 4pm.
Our libraries will be open on Sundays from 1pm to 4pm.
When visiting our libraries you must:
- wear a fitted mask
- provide your details for contact tracing purposes
- answer questions relating to your health
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
Item delivery and collection services
You can receive items from us in one of two ways:
- we will deliver items to you
- you can pick items up yourself through contactless collection from our libraries
Select your items by:
You will receive a notification when reserved items are available.
For home delivery, email us and request the items be delivered to your home (if you are a Boroondara resident).
Let us know about your reading preferences and we will make a selection for you.
To request Bundle & Collect:
- Complete the Ask a Librarian eForm. Select General enquiry and tell us in the text box that you would like to participate in the Bundle & Collect service. Our staff will contact you.
- Or call us on 9278 4666 and we will assist you with your Bundle & Collect request. Please have your membership number ready.
Return chutes are open
Our book return chutes are open 24/7 at all our libraries. No booking is required.
Items you currently have on loan have been extended until 4 January 2021.
Access our online library
Our online services are available 24/7. You can:
- borrow e-books and audio books
- view e-magazines and digital newspapers
- search online databases
- access online learning
- stream films and music
You must be a member of Boroondara Library Service to access our digital resources. It's easy to join online.
Participate in our online events
You can participate in our regular online events. Be the first to know and register by:
- subscribing to our What’s On - Online eNewsletter
- liking Boroondara Library Service on Facebook.
- following Boroondara Library Service on Instagram
- following Boroondara Library Service on Twitter
We are still available to assist you in a number of ways.