Our libraries will temporarily close from 11:59pm on Wednesday 8 July.
This is in line with Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions being reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne for the next 6 weeks.
However, we will provide limited services to our members.
Book delivery service
We are offering a temporary delivery service to Boroondara library members who are Boroondara residents.
Deliveries will be contactless, with items placed in a sealed box or padded bag and left at your door or mailbox. Dependent upon demand, the frequency of deliveries may vary.
You can order books in two ways:
- Reserve items by finding them in our catalogue and clicking Place reservation.
- Then mail us at [email protected] or call on 9278 4666 and provide us with your details, including membership number and any information that will help us deliver the item when we arrive at your home.
Request a Bundle & Collect service
Let us know about your reading preferences and we will make a selection on your behalf. We will then deliver them to your residence.
To request Bundle & Collect:
- Complete the Ask a Librarian eForm. Select General enquiry and tell us in the text box that you would like to participate in the Bundle & Collect service. Our staff will contact you.
- Alternatively, call us on 9278 4666 to speak to a member of staff who will assist you with your Bundle & Collect request. Please have your membership number ready.
Access our online library
Our online services are available 24/7. You can:
- borrow e-books and audio books
- view e-magazines and digital newspapers
- search online databases
- access online learning
- stream films and music
You must be a member of Boroondara Library Service to access our digital resources. It's easy to join online.
Participate in our online events
You can participate in our regular online events. Be the first to know and register by:
- subscribing to our What’s On - Online eNewsletter
- liking Boroondara Library Service on Facebook.
- following Boroondara Library Service on Instagram.
Items that you currently have on loan have been extended until 28 August 2020. You do not have to rush to return your books to us. However, you can continue to drop your books off at any of our libraries if you wish.
We are still available to assist you during our temporary closure in a number of ways.