We are excited to kick-off Boroondara’s next placemaking project this month. Working together, let’s revitalise the Glenferrie Road precinct in Hawthorn.
How you can get involved
There are many ways to get involved over the coming months. Community engagement is underway throughout February and March, so we encourage you to contribute your ideas for Glenferrie Road by:
- joining the conversation on the Facebook Group
- signing up to our mailing-list for regular updates about the project
- attending some of the exciting events happening throughout March
- completing a short telephone survey of randomly selected residents in February and March
- completing a short survey online.
What is placemaking?
Placemaking is a hands-on approach to improving public spaces in collaboration with the local community. It’s about creating vibrant, memorable and social places where people feel a sense of belonging.
At the heart of placemaking is working with the community to develop a shared vision for a place, exploring its history, what makes it special, what improvements could be made and how it might evolve in the future.
We have recently adopted a Placemaking Framework which outlines the guiding principles and steps involved in enhancing Boroondara’s public spaces.
By following the steps outlined in our framework, we will:
- listen to and collaborate with our community
- create a culture of possibilities
- celebrate what makes a place unique
- be future focused
- start by doing.
For more information, see Glenferrie Road placemaking project.
We will also provide regular updates on the Facebook Group and via the mailing list.