Please note: it is compulsory to attend Day 1 in order to attend Day 2 of this workshop.
This two-part workshop is designed for girls aged 12 to 14 years old to develop bike skills, boost their confidence, and promote bike riding as a physical activity and as an active transport option.
This event is organised by City of Boroondara and delivered by professional instructors at Bike it Better. Find out more about this organisation on the Bike it Better website-external site.
Day 1 - traffic-free session (bring your own bike and helmet)
Thursday 20 April from 9:30 am to 12 pm.
Day 1 will cover:
- essential and practical bike handling skills
- communicating by signalling, scanning, and using eye contact
- rules relating to bike riding on shared paths and roads
- defensive riding techniques including road positioning, navigating intersections and roundabouts, and avoiding obstacles like tram tracks and car doors.
Day 2 - heading out onto the road (bring your own bike and helmet)
Friday 21 April from 9:30 am to 12 pm.
Day 2 will cover:
- practicing traffic skills in traffic-free environment
- group on-road ride
- safe journey planning.
Sustainable Transport Team
Sports and outdoor
Sustainability and environment