Learn everything you need to know about safely researching and booking travel online.
You’ll find out:
- some key tips for finding the best deals online
- how you can safely access your finances while travelling
- what you need to do if you plan on travelling with medications
- how your mobile device can help to make your trip safe and enjoyable.
Other upcoming Be Connected sessions
Our Boroondara Library Service is running a series of computer workshops based on the Australian Government's freely-available Be Connected program. This initiative aims to increase the confidence, skills and online safety of older Australians when using digital technology. Find out more about this program on the Australian Government's Be Connected website-external site.
Discover advanced ways of protecting your privacy and personal information online. Learn how to manage your passwords with a Password manager and install antivirus software to protect your devices from viruses and other malicious threats. You’ll also learn some other top tips for keeping you safer online.
- State and Territory Government services online - Hawthorn event page - 1 pm to 3 pm on Monday 27 March
- Fun things to do with your photos - Camberwell event page - 1 pm to 3 pm on Thursday 27 April
- Apps that come with your Cloud subscription - Kew event page - 1 pm to 3 pm on Wednesday 10 May
- Advanced online security - Ashburton event page - 1 pm to 3 pm on Wednesday 24 May.