A musical treat with one of India’s pre-eminent vocalists, Vd Aarti Ankalikar-Tikekar, with highly regarded young musicians - Yashwant Vaishnaw and Tanmay Deochake accompanying her on the Tabla and Harmonium respectively. Vd Ankalikar-Tikekar sings in the Agra as well as Gwalior and Jaipur styles, and was trained by the legendary Vd Kishori Amonkar.
She is also well known as a singer in the Marathi, Konkani and Hindi film Industry who has received two National Film Awards for Best Female Playback Singer. She was the main playback singer for the iconic Shyam Benegal film, Sardari Begum, and has also sung for the movies Antarnaad, De dhakka, Savlee, and Ek Hazarachi Note.
The evening will open with a vocal recital by Melbourne based Ranjitha Suresh, with Pandurang Toravi on Tabla and Saugato Ghosh on Harmonium.
This recital is presented in the memory of Dr. Vaman Betigeri, a Melbourne based medical practitioner who loved Hindustani classical music.
For the true aficionado of Hindustani Classical Music – a Season Pass enabling entry to all 5 events in the 2023 edition of Melbourne International Festival of Hindustani Classical Music is available. The season pass can be purchased for $150 from January 22.
The season pass includes entry to the following events:
- Pt Govindrao Tembe memorial recital on Friday 10 March 2023 from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Deepika Shome memorial recital on Saturday 11 March 2023 from 2 pm to 5 pm
- Dr. Vaman Betigeri memorial recital on Saturday 11 March from 7 pm to 10 pm
- Satyendra Misra memorial recital on Sunday 12 March from 10 am to 1 pm
- Pt Vishnu Digambar Paluskar memorial recital on Sunday 12 March from 7 pm to 10 pm.
You can purchase a season pass on the Boroondara Arts ticketing website-external site.