Order of business
1. Adoption and confirmation of the minutes of the Council meeting held on 27 September 2021 and 4 October 2021
2. Declaration of conflict of interest of any councillor or council officer
3. Deputations, presentations, petitions and public submissions
3.1 Deputations - Ms Xi Wang (Maggie) and Mr Wayne Perkins (Kooyong Climate Change Alliance)
4. Informal Meetings of councillors
5. Public question time
6. Notices of motion
7. Presentation of officer reports
7.1. Annual Report
7.2. Boroondara Community Plan 2021-31
7.3. Adoption of the Long Term Financial Plan 2021-22 to 2030-31
7.4. August 2021 Monthly Financial Report
7.5. October 2021 Amended Budget
7.6. Intention to lease - Davis Street Kindergarten Association Inc
7.7. Draft Glenferrie Place Plan
7.8. Contract 2020/215 - Core Systems
7.9. Recommendations of the Audit and Risk Committee Meeting held 18 August 2021
7.10. Contract No. 2021/148, Through Road Early Learning Centre Refurbishment Works
7.11. Contract no 2021/058 - Architectural and Lead Consultancy Services Panel Contract
7.12. Contract No. 2021/46 - Plumbing and Irrigation Services
7.13 Endorsement of the Yarra Integrated Water Management Forum - Catchment Plan
7.14. Instrument of Sub-Delegation & Instruments of Appointment and Authorisation - Environment Protection Act 2017
8. General business
9. Urgent business
10. Confidential business
10.1 Contract 2020/1 Variation No. 2 - Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities
10. 2 Union Road Level Crossing Removal: Decking
Union Road Level Crossing Removal: Decking
Council resolved to make only the Council resolution public with respect to the Union Road Level Crossing Removal: Decking on 30 November 2021.
That Council resolve to:
1. Reject the request from the LXRP for Council to provide $4M of capital funding and on-going maintenance liabilities for the installation of 15m of decking across the rail trench at Union Road.
2. Negotiate with the LXRP for the capital cost of creating high quality public open space to be funded by the LXRP on the basis that Council will undertake the required maintenance of this open space.
3. Support funding the provision and maintenance of a high quality public open space to the north of the rail line at Union Road Surrey Hills in the event the negotiations referred to in resolution 2 above fail and noting the extent of capital contribution by Council will be determined by a landscape plan and budget allocation adopted by Council.
4. Delegate to the Chief Executive Officer authority to enter an in-principle agreement with the State Government for the development of a high-quality open space to the north of the rail line at Union Road, Surrey Hills, designed by Council with a capital contribution of no more that 50% of these improvements with ongoing maintenance obligations to be funded by Council.
5. Reject the request from the LXRP for Council to own and maintain the two significant drainage assets, being:
a. Twin 1500mm diameter undertrack pipes and associated access pits; and
b. Underground retention tank located under the southern dedicated commuter car park at Surrey Hills station.
6. Write to The Hon. Jacinta Allan, MP, Minister for Transport Infrastructure seeking release to Council and the community the detailed Urban Management Plan Map showing proposed tree removal and replacement plan in order to reinstate tree canopy cover in the project area.
7. Advocate to the Federal and State Governments for the delivery of commuter car parking at the existing Surrey Hills train station northern car park using the $15M grant funding from the UCFP to provide a single deck of parking above the ground level car park proposed to the north of the rail tracks.
8. Write to the following to advise of this resolution:
a. The Hon. Josh Frydenberg, MP, Member for Kooyong.
b. The Hon. Jacinta Allan, MP, Minister for Transport Infrastructure.
c. Mr Paul Hamer, MP, Member for Box Hill and Chair of the Community Reference Group.
d. Mr Will Fowles, MP, Member for Burwood.
e. Mr Tim Smith, MP, Member for Kew.
f. Mr Kevin Devlin, CEO, Level Crossing Removal Project.
g. All State and Federal members of parliament whose electorates cover the City of Boroondara.
h. Mr Greg Buchanan, President, Surrey Hills Progress Association.
9. Make only the Council resolution public on 30 November 2021.
Watch the meeting
You can watch the recording of the Council meeting on the City of Boroondara YouTube channel-external site.