• If you are 65 or over, you need to have a My Aged Care assessment to apply for services.
  • These services are funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments. Fees are subsidised and means tested.

65 years or over

For anyone 65 years or over who is applying for services for the first time, you need to find out if you are eligible through My Aged Care - the Australian Government system that connects you to a full range of services for older people.

My Aged Care will assess your eligibility for services based on the level of care you need, and can give you information about your various options and costs.

The City of Boroondara is committed to the provision of services in a fair, equitable and inclusive manner to all eligible residents within the municipality. In doing so we recognise and acknowledge our diverse community and the range of needs and characteristics within our community, including (but not limited to) cultural diversity, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, health, socio-economic status, faith and spirituality, and those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.

  1. Register with My Aged Care: Register with My Aged Care by calling 1800 200 422 (8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 10am-2pm Saturday) or visit the My Aged Care website.
  2. Assessment: My Aged Care will arrange for you to be assessed in your home to find out your level of need and the services you are eligible for. You are welcome to have a family member, friend, advocate or health professional with you during the assessment.
  3. Contact and organise services: Once you have registered and been assessed by My Aged Care, service providers will contact you to discuss your needs and priorities, and then organise the right services for you.

Service fees

These services are funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments.  Fees are subsidised and means tested.

For information about services and activities available for older people in our area, see programs and activities for seniors.

How useful was this information?