If you're finding it harder to do everyday tasks around your home, help is available. Support services help you with personal care and home maintenance so you can live well in your own home for as long as possible.
We can work with you to undertake a number of personal care tasks at home including:
- showering or bathing
- putting on hearing aids, glasses and stockings
- going to the toilet
- brushing hair
We can work with you to undertake a number of domestic tasks at home including:
- cleaning floors, the bathroom and kitchen
- changing bed linen
- washing and drying laundry
- cleaning cupboards
Food preparation and shopping
- meals delivered to your home
- help with preparing food at home
- escorted shopping (someone to help you shopping)
- shopping with a list (someone does the shopping for you)
- support you to shop online
Home maintenance and modifications
You can have help with small repairs to make your home safe such as:
- replacing globes and tap washers
- installing smoke detectors and replacing batteries
- repairing/adjusting doors, locks, windows and gates
- installing ramps and rails.
How to apply
These services are subsidised and provided under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP). Find out how to access aged care services.
If you already receive these services from the City of Boroondara, you can contact our Active Ageing Services.