If you are having trouble walking, a motorised mobility device, such as an electric wheelchair or motorised scooter, is a great way to get around.
As part of our BA4A network and in partnership with Access Health and Community, we offer a comprehensive program on the safe use of motorised mobility devices.
The 6-hour program covers:
- road rules and legal requirements
- safe and responsible travelling
- choosing the right mobility scooter
- maintaining travelling skills and abilities
- trip checks and maintenance
- public transport use
- wheelchair accessible taxis
- support services for mobility scooter and wheelchair users
- developing safe travel routes
- practical 'Come 'n' Try' session at Kew Traffic School.
To book or find out more, contact our MetroAccess Project Officer on 9278 4777, TTY 9278 4848 or email MetroAccess Project Officer.