We recognise the significant impact COVID-19 has had on individuals, families and the organisations and groups that provide services across the community.
As part of supporting the community to respond to this impact, we are providing quick-response grants of up to $1,000 to assist organisations and groups to continue to provide services and to re-open closed services in a safe way.
Items eligible for grant funding
The following types of activities will be prioritised for funding:
- The implementation of activities outlined in COVID Safe Plans such as cleaning and sanitising products and signage about requirements and safety.
- The adaptation of existing services, programs or activities so they can continue, or be adapted due to COVID-19 requirements. This includes online service delivery and technology equipment.
- New one-off services, programs or activities that strengthen the Boroondara community in response to the impact of COVID-19.
Examples of specific items include:
- portable or detachable sanitisers
- portable hand wash stations
- portable or detachable perspex screens
- technology equipment (iPads, laptops, monitors, keyboards, internet dongles, mobile handsets)
- personal protective equipment
- equipment to assist with maintaining physical distancing or reducing the need to share equipment.