- Applications for this round of Commemorative Community Grants are now closed
- From time to time, Council will award commemorative grants to mark historic and important occasions
- These grants will be open for applications as determined by Council.
Grants of up to $5,000 will be available for Commemorative Community Grants projects or activities.
Category guidelines and application forms will be available when the next Commemorative Grant round are opens. The guidelines will outline the assessment criteria that will be used to assess applications.
For more information, visit Commemorative Community Grants eligibility and conditions.
In 2020 community organisations and schools applied for grants to support initiatives that recognise Australia’s wartime heritage, in particular, commemorating the 75th anniversary of the end of World War Two. These support initiatives that honour all Australian service men and women through community-based projects or activities such as:
- public events that commemorate the end of World War Two
- educational and cultural programs with a World War Two focus
- the collation of stories that honour our wartime history
- activities that preserve, interpret and display memorabilia from World War Two, such as plaques or memorials.