Boroondara Wild is a celebration of the wonderful ways kids and their families explore nature in our community. Kids have told us they love the colours, sounds and textures of nature, and the way they feel when they spend time outdoors.
We want to help families find opportunities to discover, create, unwind and explore right in their own backyard. So, we’ve created a passport for kids filled with ideas, fun challenges and stickers to help them get discovering!
Your passport to going Boroondara Wild!
Are you an explorer? Do you love nature?
Download a copy of the Boroondara Wild activity passport below, which is filled with ideas to help kids explore, unwind, create and discover.
Download your passport
- Build a sandcastle city
- Collect sticks and create your own kite
- Build your own nature cubby
Can you find me in the playground?
Find each of these three sculptures hiding in a Boroondara playground.
Can you use the clues to guess which one?
- I’m red, black and spotty.
- From where I’m located, I can see a ship hull with mast and steering wheel.
- There are lots of opportunities to climb with the rock wall, scramble net and monkey bars.
- I live next to ‘The Tree House’ which has a fireman’s pole, monkey bars and a double slide.
- My home is next to one of Boroondara’s popular sports grounds.
- I’m yellow and say “quack, quack, quack”.
- For further information about the Boroondara Wild initiative, contact Community Planning and Development on 9278 4794.
- See more resources for parents.
- Check out our booklist filled with stories of outdoor adventures.
- Find family adventures all over Victoria on the Victorian National Parks Association's website.