Boroondara Wild is a celebration of the wonderful ways kids and their families explore nature in our community. Kids have told us they love the colours, sounds and textures of nature, and the way they feel when they spend time outdoors.
We want to help families find opportunities to discover, create, unwind and explore right in their own backyard. So, we’ve created a passport for kids filled with ideas, fun challenges and stickers to help them get discovering!
We also have a number of nature play events for families you can enjoy throughout autumn.
Your passport to going Boroondara Wild!
Are you an explorer? Do you love nature?
Download a copy of the Boroondara Wild activity passport (2.77MB), which is filled with ideas to help kids explore, unwind, create and discover.
- Find a peaceful green park or go crunching in leaves
- Visit a park with your grandparent, an older relative or neighbour and choose your favourite shade of green
- Choose a wild read from Boroondara Libraries
Create your passport
Come along to a Wild event!
Can you find me in the playground?
Find each of these three sculptures hiding in a Boroondara playground.
Can you use the clues to guess which one?
- I have two friends just like me and we love laughing loudly together.
- I’m in a park that’s on a street with a winning name!
- Kids who come to my park love trying out the skate and BMX areas too.
- I’m pink and red and there’s a big spiderweb in my playground too!
- To guess the name of the park I live in, think of something that horses eat and somewhere horses live.
- I live in one of the biggest playgrounds in Boroondara.
- I’m in one of the smallest reserves in Boroondara.
- The name of my park is also what you might call someone who is clever.
- I’m in a suburb with the same name as a famous gold and brown AFL football team.