Being a parent can be an exciting but sometimes overwhelming experience. We aim to increase your parenting confidence and help manage the parenting issues you are experiencing.
Our early parenting day stay program is designed to assist parents by offering extra support with early parenting, especially where there are concerns associated with the sleep, settling and feeding patterns of young babies.
On the day of the program, we'll give you information on:
- normal infant feeding, sleeping, play and settling patterns
- learning how to recognise a baby’s tired signs
- learning how to settle and resettle a baby
- developing daily patterns
- making the transition to parenthood.
A qualified Maternal and Child Health (MCH) nurse and a Mothercraft nurse run this program.
Date: Alternate Wednesdays each month
Time: 8.30am to 3.30pm
Location: Camberwell Maternal and Child Health Centre at 33-35 Fairholm Grove, Camberwell.
Who can register
The day stay program, sometimes called a sleep school, is available by referral only for:
- families with a MCH nurse in Boroondara
- babies aged 6 weeks to 12 months
- the primary caregiver and up to 2 support people.
Talk to your MCH nurse to find out if this program is right for you and your baby.
How to book
$102 per family, or free for Health Care Card holders.
We will send you an email with a link to pay online, or you can pay in person at one of our customer service locations.