- We have 8 banners at 2 sites to promote events and activities.
- There is a fee to hire a banner.
- Your banner design has to be approved before you submit the final artwork.
- You need to submit your artwork at least 10 weeks before your event or activity.
- We install and remove your banner.
Banners are a great way to promote events, festivals and activities happening in Boroondara. There are thousands of workers, residents and visitors who travel to the shopping centre every day.
Banners add interest and visual vibrancy to shopping centres. They attract people to local places and strengthen the area's local identity.
Our banner poles are not available for advertising businesses, goods, services or individuals, nor to market activities such as venue openings, product launches or media announcements.
We have 8 banner poles at Ashburton Village for hire.
You must hire banner poles in one, or both of the sites. You can't hire an individual banner pole.
The 2 sites in Ashburton Village are:
- 3 banner poles at High Street, corner of Munro Avenue
- 5 banner poles at High Street, corner of Morotai Avenue.
Step 1: Submit your proposed banner design
You need to apply at least 4 months prior to your preferred banner display date. Applications can be made up to 2 years in advance.
To hire banners:
- Complete the Banner hire application form.
- Attach your proposed banner design artwork (see our banner hire guidelines for more information about artwork design specifications).
- Submit the form and supporting documentation by emailing these to [email protected], or mailing these to Local Economies, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell 3124.
Once we've received your application, we'll assess your proposed design and let you know within 28 days if it is approved.
The allocation of banners is assessed using a priority order that includes:
- Events that are delivered or sponsored by Council.
- Events of major significance, for example, Christmas.
- Events that are held within the City of Boroondara and are open to the public.
- Events that promote a not-for-profit fundraising activity.
Step 2: Pay the fee
Council charges a fee to install and remove the banners. It is your responsibility to organise and cover the costs for design and production.
If your application is approved, you'll need to pay the full fee before you submit your final artwork for approval.
|Install and remove banners||Per banner||$74|
See our Payments page for information on how to pay.
Step 3: Submit final artwork
Submit your final banner design artwork a minimum of 10 weeks before your banner display date. We strongly recommend you use a professional banner or flag designer and producer.
It's important that your banners:
- are good quality and professionally designed, manufactured and printed
- use bold graphics and strong, bright colours and text
- use font sizes large enough to read from a distance
- avoid reflective fabrics
- do not include commercial logos or advertising for products, services or individuals
- have only 10 per cent of the total area dedicated to sponsorship, such as logos
- are single sided and measure 2500 mm x 1200 mm, with a gloss finish and hemmed on all sides.
See our Banner hire guidelines (PDF) for more information about artwork design specifications.
Once we've received your final banner design artwork, we'll assess it and let you know within 7 business days if it is approved.
Step 4: Deliver and install banners
When you've received confirmation of design approval and you've paid the full fee, you can arrange for the production of your banners with your supplier.
Deliver your banners a minimum of 5 working days prior to the installation date to Boroondara Recycling and Waste Centre, 648 Riversdale Road, Camberwell.
We'll install your banners:
- up to 26 days prior to an event
- for a period of 14 days to a maximum of 26 days - excluding Council and Christmas banners.
Step 5: Remove banners
We'll remove your banners no later than 5 days following the conclusion of the event.
We'll also remove a banner if it is damaged.
For more information about hiring banners, contact Local Economies on (03) 9278 4444.