As part of our citywide Christmas program, we're running a Christmas Decorations Competition and are inviting you to decorate your shopfront and interior to showcase your retail point of difference.
This is a great visual marketing opportunity for your business and a great opportunity to encourage our community to shop locally.
The winner of the competition will receive a $4,000 Progress Leader advertising package. The package includes advertising in the Progress Leader and design of your advertisement. The voucher is valid for 12 months.
The competition is open to all traders in the City of Boroondara.
How to enter the competition
To enter the Christmas Decoration Competition, simply:
- follow the City of Boroondara Instagram account, and
- post a picture of your shop’s Christmas decorations on Instagram using the hashtag #BoroondaraChristmas
The image with the most likes will be the winner.
Not only that, people who like your post will also go in the running to win a $100 shopping voucher! So make sure you encourage your shoppers to take part.
The competition will run from Monday 26 November to Thursday 20 December, with the winner announced on Friday 21 December.
Showcasing our local shops and businesses
It is estimated that Australians will spend in excess of $50 billion in the lead up to Christmas. The Christmas Decorations Competition is geared towards showcasing the diverse strip shopping precincts within Boroondara as the place to spend locally.
Please feel free to contact the Economic Development Department during business hours on 9278 4879 or email [email protected].
Competition terms and conditions
The promoter of the #BoroondaraChristmas competition is the City of Boroondara, whose registered office is at 8 Inglesby Rd, Camberwell VIC 3124.
By participating in this competition, the entrant indicates their agreement to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1. To be eligible to receive the Newscorp’s Progress Leader $4,000 advertising prize, entrants must be an authorized representative of a business in the City of Boroondara and who has uploaded an image of Christmas decorations of said business which is located in the City of Boroondara, to Instagram using the hashtag #BoroondaraChristmas.
2. All participants must be over 18 years of age at the date of entry to the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
4. Employees of the City of Boroondara and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
How to enter
1. To enter the Competition as a trader, participants must follow the City of Boroondara Instagram account and post an image of their shop’s Christmas decorations to Instagram using the hashtag #BoroondaraChristmas.
2. Entries that are not posted in English will be ineligible to win a prize.
3. Entries must be made by an already existing Instagram account at the date of the competition announcement.
4. If the competition organiser deems an entrant to be made by a fake account or a bot, it withholds the right to disallow that entrant.
1. The entrant must post an image of Christmas decorations of said business to Instagram between 26 November and 20 December 2018.
2. Any entry received after the entry period will be ineligible to win a prize. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, misdirected or incomplete entries.
1. The winner will be selected on Friday 21 December at the City of Boroondara.
2. The City of Boroondara reserves the right to select reserves in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
1. Newscorp (Progress Leader) requires contact information from the business prize winner in order for them to redeem the $4,000 voucher.
2. The business prize winner must provide their contact details to Newscorp (Progress Leader).
3. Prize recipients will be contacted via Instagram Direct Message by 4pm on Friday 21 December.
4. If any prize recipients cannot be contacted or do not claim their prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner if one can be chosen and contacted.
1. The business entrant with the most likes will receive a Progress Leader design and advertising package voucher to the value of $4,000 (inclusive of GST)
2. The entrant’s prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Transport, parking and any other costs associated with redeeming the prize are at the winner’s expense.
3. The prize can be collected at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, VIC 3124 or it can be mailed via registered post to a postal address provided by the winner within 28 days after the draw.
4. All prizes are subject to availability, non‐transferable and not exchangeable. All prizes/giveaways are non‐transferable. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any prize is not provided. The Promoter may, subject to State regulations, substitute a different prize of equivalent value in place of any prize referred to in these terms and conditions. The prize does not include any other costs of a personal nature not stated. This prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the recipient is unable to use it as stated.
5. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
1. The personal information requested as contact information to claim the prize is being collected by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting the Boroondara Christmas Decorations Competition. The personal information will be used by the Promoter for that purpose. The personal information collected will not otherwise be disclosed unless permitted or required by law. If the information is not collected your entry to the Boroondara Christmas Decorations Competition may be ruled ineligible. Requests for access to and/or amendment of personal information should be made to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer.
Release and indemnity
1. To the extent permitted by law, all participants release from, and indemnify the Promoter against all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the promotion including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
1. Participants retain the copyright of any post or photo (‘works’) submitted.
2. By entering the Competition, participants grant the Promoter permission to display and publish the works in digital, in print and online.
3. By entering the Competition, participants indemnify the Promoter against all and any actions, claims or damages arising from any infringement of copyright by the participants that may be taken against the Promoter.
1. All decisions and actions of the Promoter relating to the Giveaway and/or redemption of the prizes are exercised at its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with participants or any other person will be entered into.
2. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly submitted, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected entry cards or for any technical malfunction of any communications network.
3. There are no charges to enter the Competition.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at their discretion (a) to adjudicate on the eligibility of applicants; (b) to disqualify any participant where the Promoter reasonably suspects any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights; or (c) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and proof of residency in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification and residency considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole.
6. Participants acknowledge that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. In participating in this promotion participants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook Instagram, or Twitter.