Works are scheduled to commence early next year.
The playground design is now complete. It was great to hear the park is well loved by the local community.
Key themes we heard from the consultation were:
- The park is used by a range of ages and play opportunities should enhance experiences for young toddlers through to older primary children.
- Variety and ability to interact with nature are valued.
- An increase in shade and seating would enhance the experience and encourage a longer stay.
The new design seeks to include the community’s most popular requests:
- Increases to shade and visual amenity are achieved through trees to the north and around the picnic setting.
- Older children will enjoy a variety of challenges with additional equipment such as monkey bars, a spinner, mini-trampoline, basket swing and balancing and scrambling equipment.
- Toddlers and young children are provided opportunities with the mini-trampoline, see-saw rocker, platform climbing, slides, ladder climb and a variety of swings.
- Interactions with nature, balancing and hopping among the trees, rocks and logs delights and challenges children of all ages and their carers.
- All children and their families can enjoy increased access with paved and play surfaces suitable for users with limited mobility.
See the plan
The consultation period for this project ended on Sunday 7 July 2019.