We replaced the playground at Pridmore Park in Hawthorn in early 2021, due to its age and condition.
About the project
Our original Playground Development Strategy recommended combining the playgrounds at Pridmore Park and Yarra Bank Reserve into a single ‘District’ Level playground. However, feedback received during the Yarra Bank Reserve playground consultation did not support this recommendation and therefore the Pridmore Park playground will be retained.
For more information on the Yarra Bank Reserve playground replacement, please see our Yarra Bank Reserve playground replacement page.
The new Pridmore Park playground design includes the themes most popular with the community:
- The well-loved play unit was upgraded to provide greater diversity in opportunities for a range of ages and abilities, including climbing and traversing, slides, a shop counter and a variety of climbing platforms.
- A fence to provide separation between the playground and dogs off lead.
- A variety of new swings including toddler seat, senior strap seat and a multidirectional basket swing.
- Interactions with nature, including balancing logs among the wild flowers to delight and challenge children of all ages and their carers.
- Increased access with pedestrian paths to Mason Street, Yarra River Trail and play surfaces, suitable for users with limited mobility.
Other amenities include:
- new play equipment and nature play opportunities
- improved accessibility
- renewal of park amenities
- new landscaping
- solar lights on a timer