We are planning to renew the playground at Madeline Street Reserve, Glen Iris.
Due to its age and condition, the playground is scheduled to be replaced in 2020-2021.
After receiving feedback from the community the design of the new playground is now complete.
Construction is programmed to commence in the 2020/21 financial year, subject to Victorian Government restrictions and funding confirmation.
About the project
The new playground design includes the themes most popular with the community:
- The well-loved double swing set, including an infant seat and a senior strap seat, retains its existing location in a cosy nook in the corner of the park.
- A new and improved mound that interacts with the landscape providing an adventure hill, a mound slide, bold ground cover plants and part of the ‘circuit’ of the play space.
- An upgraded train cubby along with a log carriage providing opportunity for imaginative play.
- A variety of nooks for children to gather.
- Interactions with nature, balancing and hopping among the trees, rocks and logs to delight and challenge children of all ages and their carers.
- Increased access with paved picnic and play surfaces suitable for users with limited mobility.
Other amenities will include:
- new play equipment and nature play opportunities
- improved accessibility
- renewal of park amenities
- new landscaping.
|February 2020||Community consultation||We asked the community for their feedback to help inform the design. The key themes we heard from the community were:
|May/June 2020||Design developed||Available for public to view|
|2020-21 financial year||Works to commence, pending funding|