We completed the construction in March 2021.
About the project
We based the improvements to the playground on the feedback we received from the community. This includes:
- The well-loved double swing set, including an infant seat and a senior strap seat, retains its existing location in a cosy nook in the corner of the park.
- A new and improved mound that interacts with the landscape providing an adventure hill, a mound slide, bold ground cover plants and part of the ‘circuit’ of the play space.
- An upgraded train cubby along with a log carriage providing opportunity for imaginative play.
- A variety of nooks for children to gather.
- Interactions with nature, balancing and hopping among the trees, rocks and logs to delight and challenge children of all ages and their carers.
- Increased access with paved picnic and play surfaces suitable for users with limited mobility.
Other amenities include:
- new play equipment and nature play opportunities
- improved accessibility
- renewal of park amenities
- new landscaping.
|February 2020||Community consultation||We asked the community for their feedback to help inform the design. The key themes we heard from the community were:
|May/June 2020||Design developed||Available for public to view|
|March 2021||Works completed|