Construction complete, new playground now open.
Improvements to this local playground include the community’s most popular requests. The new playground will encourage imaginary play and will be more accessible for children of all ages and abilities.
Challenge yourself on the new cube climbing frame, take a ride on the ‘Deepdene Dasher’ and creep through the nature play space, balancing on logs and rocks!
Details of improvements include:
- the Gordon Street Reserve Train Station and shop
- the ‘‘Deepdene Dasher’ train
- a Junior and Senior combination unit with:
- shop front
- crawl tunnel
- fire pole - 1.6m high
- junior slide - 0.8m high
- senior slide - 1.6m high
- ladder climb
- play panels
- rock wall- 1.2m high
- inclined rope bridge
- 3m long track glide
- monkey bars
- combination of steel post construction with feature timber panels
- shade roofs
- new triple swing set with
- 1 x accessible basket swing
- 1 x senior strap seat
- 1 x infant seat with secure chain
- new stand-alone mini infant swing
- new cube climbing frame with challenging climbing options and turnover bar.
- retention and relocation of the multi user see-saw rocker.
- timber log and boulder balance edging
- new garden bed planting
- new shade trees
- new seating, picnic setting and drinking fountain - accessible for all abilities.
- new accessible concrete pathway to playground from Hardwicke Street
See the plan
View the proposed Gordon Street Reserve Playground improvement concept plan.
For more information about this project email [email protected]