Construction scheduled for the 2018-19 financial year.
Improvements to this district level playground include the community’s most popular requests.
Climb up to 6m on the new rope pyramid, creep through the ‘Troll’s Forest’ (careful not to wake the Troll!) and slide down the new embankment slides.
The new playground will improve accessibility and play choices for all ages and abilities and provided a balance of physical (traditional) play equipment, nature based play and imaginary play opportunities.
The improvements will also include:
- a combined junior and senior play unit including
- 1.2 m high junior slide
- 1.8m high senior spiral slide,
- climbing access of varying difficulty
- 3m long track glide
- 2m high bridge connection to the 6m high climbing pyramid.
- accessible path below decks with shop front and tunnel
- combination of steel and rustic timber post construction with feature timber panels
- new basket swing with accessible access path
- new quad swing set with
- 2 x senior strap seats
- 1 x infant seat with secure chain
- 1 x Expression: swing seat (combined adult and infant seat)
- new double embankment slide
- embankment climbing ropes
- new sandpit with park shelter
- new "build your own" cubby space with speaker tube
- timber log balance edging
- the Troll’s Grotto:
- sculptural timber post forest
- the Trolls bridge
- the sleeping Troll
- speaking tubes connecting to the cubby space
- new garden bed planting
- new shade sails over junior play area
- new seating, picnic settings, park shelter over BBQ area, bike stands and accessible drinking fountain.
See the plan
View the proposed Ferndale Park Playground improvement concept plan.
For more information about this project email [email protected]