Construction was completed in April 2019. The official launch of the new playground will be held on Wednesday 22 May 2019 at 4-5pm.
Improvements to this district level playground included the community’s most popular requests.
Climb up to 6m on the new rope pyramid, creep through the ‘Troll’s Forest’ (careful of the Troll!) and slide down the new embankment slides.
The new playground will improve accessibility and play choices for all ages and abilities and provided a balance of physical (traditional) play equipment, nature based play and imaginary play opportunities.
The improvements also include:
- a combined junior and senior play unit including
- 1.2m high junior slide
- 1.8m high senior wave slide
- climbing access of varying difficulty
- 3m long track glide
- 2m long monkey bars
- shop front and tunnel
- combination of steel post construction with feature timber panels
- new basket swing with accessible access path
- new quad swing set with
- 2 x senior strap seats
- 1 x infant seat with secure chain
- 1 x Expression: swing seat (combined adult and infant seat)
- new double embankment slide
- embankment climbing ropes
- new sandpit with park shelter
- new "build your own" cubby space with speaker tube
- timber log balance edging
- the Troll’s Grotto:
- sculptural timber post forest
- the Troll's bridge
- the Troll
- speaking tubes connecting to the cubby space.
- new garden bed planting
- new shade sails over junior play area
- new seating, picnic settings, park shelter over BBQ area, bike stands and accessible drinking fountain.
For more information about this project email [email protected]