We have upgraded the Victoria Road Reserve Pavilion to cater for growth in junior football (AFL) and cricket, and increasing female participation in community sport.
Construction was completed in April 2021, with additional security, lighting works, privacy screening and dedicated bin storage area completed in August 2022.
About the project
The Victoria Road Reserve Pavilion underwent an internal refurbishment and minor external additions. The budget for these works was $1,700,000.
The works involved:
- provision of two standard-size change rooms that can be subdivided into four small change rooms
- addition of a First Aid room
- upgrades to the Umpires’ room to cater for female and male umpires
- upgrades to the existing Kitchen with internal and external serveries
- upgrades to the existing Multi-purpose Room
- improvements to the external security lighting surrounding the pavilion
- provision of a dedicated bin storage area.
In addition to the works above, the northeast end of the rear of the building (facing the sportsground) was slightly extended to be in line with the kitchen servery. New windows were installed, and the existing decking that faces the oval was extended with a new canopy.
The new design also incorporates sustainable building features, including energy efficient appliances and lighting, water efficient fixtures and fittings, use of recycled materials, and the installation of a photovoltaic solar panel system on the roof.
|Early September 2020||Design||Project designs finalised|
|Late September 2020||Construction||Construction commenced|
For more information about the works contact:
Luke Casey, Operations Coordinator - Sport and Recreation on 9278 4857 or at [email protected]