Corner Markham Avenue and Victory Boulevard, Ashburton
The Markham Victory Reserve Concept Master Plan was adopted in 2008. It is a long-term plan to increase recreational opportunities and improve the environmental features of the reserve.
The key aims of the master plan are to:
- provide better opportunities for play, organised sport and dog exercise
- provide a community garden for local residents
- maintain large, open and accessible areas
- protect and enhance habitat areas and significant vegetation
- fill in the missing link in the Gardiners Creek Trail and provide connection to the Anniversary Trail
- provide additional car parking for park users.
This master plan is being implemented progressively with many recommendations complete, including:
- Ashburton Community Garden
- Gardiners Creek Trail
- western playground replacement
- all-ages play space
- car parking for the play space and sporting facilities
- cricket nets, oval surface and sports lighting upgrade.
The following recommendations are yet to begin:
- completing the pedestrian path circuit
- junior soccer field
- continuation of the urban forest, and additional re-vegetation.
For more information about this project, contact the landscape and design team on 9278 4060 or email: [email protected].