420 Camberwell Road, Camberwell VIC 3124
This master plan was created in 2001 when the facilities at Camberwell Sports Ground had become outdated. Following a review of the plan, an addendum was adopted by Council in July 2005.
The key aims of the master plan are to:
- enhance the function, use and appearance of the open space
- open the facilities up for use by the public
- increase plantings of shade trees and garden beds
- improve safety when people move through and around the sports ground
- extend and upgrade parking
- upgrade the sporting facilities.
The majority of the recommendations in the master plan are complete. This includes oval upgrades, some improvements to the existing pavilion and spectator facilities, installation of seating, part of the circuit path around the oval edge, tree planting, Bowen Street frontage works and footpath and indented parking works along Trumper Street.
The final remaining stages of the master plan include:
- Stage 5: upgrading the internal access road from Trumper Street to the rear of the ladies’ pavilion.
- Stage 7: completing works to the portion of the site fronting Seymour Grove and Camberwell Road to the edge of the cricket nets and around the main pavilion to the player’s race.
Contact the landscape and design team on 9278 4060 or email: [email protected].