We are revitalising the alleys, arcades and laneways in our shopping centres as part of our Laneways Strategy for Shopping Centres: bringing our laneways to life. This strategy reflects the community’s desire to conserve and revitalise our laneways, adding to the pleasure of local shopping and increasing patronage.
Four laneways in the Camberwell Junction Shopping Centre were completed in 2017-2018:
- Market Place to Prospect Hill Road (lane 8)
- the covered arcade between Burke Road and the Target car park (lane 10)
- Commerce Lane
- between The Well car park and Harold Street (lane 54).
About the project
We are transforming the laneways into unique destinations that are greener, more interesting, provide places to rest and have improved pedestrian access.
The next laneways scheduled for improvement are:
- Stanley Place, Hawthorn East
- Glenferrie Place, Hawthorn.
Works will continue throughout 2019 and 2020.