We have almost completed redeveloping the Balwyn Library at 336 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn.
Architect’s rendering of the revamped external area at the Balwyn Library.
The new library will re-open at 336 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn on Wednesday 4 April 2018.
Temporary library closed from 16 March
The temporary Balwyn Library site at 230 Balwyn Road has closed ahead of the new library re-opening at 336 Whitehorse Road.
There will be no Balwyn Library service between Friday 16 March and Wednesday 4 April while we relocate our collection.
About the project
The Balwyn Library is used by 250,000 people every year. Library users told us they want a more comfortable, quiet space with more room and less clutter.
Our $8.9 million upgrade is transforming the Balwyn Library into a contemporary, attractive and appealing place. It will have:
- more casual reading and study areas
- more comfortable furniture
- improved access to the collection with a better layout
- a new, quiet study area that is separate from the rest of the library
- a larger community meeting room, accessible after hours
- better technology, including more efficient WiFi.
Construction began in early 2017.