We are upgrading the Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre building which is currently in need of renewal.
Consultation with centre stakeholders took place in April and May 2019. The consultation period is now closed.
A concept plan is being developed that responds to the feedback collected throughout the consultation period.
About the project
Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre is located at 49 Ashburn Grove, Ashburton, opposite Alamein Railway Station. The centre provides a range of learning and community services that support the local community.
We provide and maintain the building for use by Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre. With the building in poor condition and due for renewal, we are upgrading the centre so that it can better deliver the variety of services and programs valued by centre users.
|April-May 2019||Consultation||Consultation undertaken with centre stakeholders to inform concept plan.|
|2019-20||Concept planning||A concept plan to be created in response to feedback gathered during consultation and presented back to centre stakeholders.|
|2020-21||Construction||Construction expected to commence based on final concept plan.|
|2021||Completion||Project expected to be completed.|
During April and May 2019, we consulted with Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre stakeholders to:
- understand how well the existing building is functioning and how satisfied they are with the building in its current state
- explore what centre users, staff and volunteers like and what they think could be improved in the current building
- develop recommendations to guide the Alamein Neighbourhood and Learning Centre renewal concept plan.
We received a total of 110 responses during the consultation period, which included:
- 81 survey responses
- 23 responses from participants at two community workshops
- 6 responses from committee members and managers received at a third workshop.
The results will inform the development of a concept plan. The concept plan will be presented back to centre stakeholders for feedback prior to commencing construction.
If you’d like to receive updates about the project, please sign up to our keep informed list.