The City of Boroondara (Council) gives notice under section 114 of the Local Government Act 2020 (the Act) and in accordance with Council’s Community Engagement Policy that it proposes to sell the property at the rear of 218-224 High Street, Kew contained within certificate of title volume 9688 folio 749, shown as Lot 2 on plan of subdivision no. 139875, both hatched and cross-hatched on the plan below (the Land).
Council proposes to sell the 211 meters squared parcel of land to the adjoining owner of 218-224 High Street, Kew (the Purchaser) by private treaty in accordance with its policies and on the following terms and conditions:
Price: $605,000.00 inclusive of GST being the current market value of the Land, as assessed by Council’s valuer.
Other conditions of sale:
- The Purchaser must reimburse Council its costs associated with the sale of the Land, estimated to be $35,190.00 inclusive of GST.
- The Purchaser must apply to Council to amend the 1980 planning permit no. TP1137 for 218-224 High Street, Kew (the Permit) to:
- a) remove the requirements of the agreement with Council made pursuant to the Permit, including the lease of the Land for parking and vehicle egress; and
- b) impose a condition for the provision of car parking spaces consistent with the existing use of 218-224 High Street, Kew and the Land.
- The sale of the Land must not proceed to settlement unless and until the Permit has been amended.
- The Purchaser must create a drainage easement in favour of Council over that part of the Land shown cross-hatched on the plan.
- The settlement of the sale must be completed within 6 months from the date the Purchaser is notified of Council’s resolved intention to proceed with the sale of the Land.
In accordance with Council’s Community Engagement Policy, Council is inviting submissions on this proposal. Any person wishing to make a submission must do so in writing to the undersigned by no later than Friday 23 December 2022.
A person making a submission is entitled to request in the submission that they wish to appear in person, or to be represented by a person specified in the submission, in support of the submission at a meeting of the Council or its committee on a date, time and place to be determined by the Council.
All submission will be considered in accordance with the principles of section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
Following the consideration of any submissions, Council may decide to sell the land, part of the land, or not to sell the land.
Any person making a written submission is advised that all submissions and personal information in the submission will be handled by Council in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
Enquiries to: Stephanie Lim, Senior Property Advisor, (03) 9278 4368.
Submissions quoting reference no. 50/521/00518 should be posted to: Chief Financial Officer, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell Vic 3124, delivered to the Council offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell or emailed to [email protected].