The City of Boroondara (Council) gives notice under section 206 and Schedule 10 Clause 3 of the Local Government Act 1989 (“the Act”) that it proposes to discontinue part of Talbot Avenue, Balwyn, adjacent to the Evergreen Centre, 41-43 Talbot Avenue, Balwyn.
If discontinued, Council proposes to retain the land for municipal purposes as part of the expansion and redevelopment of Evergreen Reserve adjoining the Evergreen Centre. A master plan for the reserve has been developed that aims to provide missing pedestrian connections, improve existing pedestrian links, increase and enhance open space, reduce through traffic and traffic speeds immediately adjacent to a facility dedicated to senior citizens and provide exercise amenity for a range of residents and a new playground that better integrates with walking environments.
In accordance with section 223 of the Act, any person wishing to make a submission on the proposal must do so no later than Thursday 11 October 2018.
Submissions quoting reference 50/521/00473 should be:
- posted to: Director Environment & Infrastructure, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell Vic 3124
- delivered to: Council offices, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, or
- emailed to: [email protected].
A person making a submission is entitled to request in the submission that they wish to appear in person, or to be represented by a person specified in the submission, in support of the submission at a meeting of the Council or its Committee on a date, time and place to be determined by the Council.
All submissions will be considered in accordance with section 223 of the Act.
Following the consideration of any submissions, Council will decide to discontinue section of road or not discontinue the section of road.
Any person making a written submission under section 223 of the Act is advised that all submissions and personal information in the submission will be handled by Council in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- Council’s Senior Transport Engineer Mr. Bhushan Jani on 9278 4518 in relation to the design and improvements proposed for Evergreen Reserve
- Council’s Coordinator Revenue and Property Services Mr. John Lorkin on 9278 4331 with respect to the discontinuance procedures.