Following consultation undertaken by Council in May 2021, Xavier College has prepared an amended Development Plan for Council’s consideration (Council ref.: DP21/002).
The amended Development Plan incorporates a number of revisions intended to address issues raised in submissions and advice received from the Department of Transport (formerly known as VicRoads). The amendments to the Development Plan include:
- Further details of the proposed Barkers Road traffic signals, including:
- Details of the intersection design and changes to on-street parking in Barkers Road.
- Traffic detector loops and traffic signals provided to allow for motorists to exit No. 150 Barkers Road under traffic signal control.
- Deletion of the proposed interim car park that was to be accessed via Stratford Avenue.
- Inclusion of the Chapel Oval car park as a ‘Priority Project 1’, to be delivered in conjunction with the proposed Year 7 and 8 building.
- Reduction in the overall height and volume of the Year 7 and 8 building.
- Modifications to the envelope of the Sports Centre, to enable increased retention of existing trees to the east of the building.
- End of trip facilities for staff, to encourage use of alternative modes of transport.
If you feel you are affected by this proposed Development Plan, you can make a submission for Council’s consideration. Submissions should be made to Council by Monday 6 September 2021. Council must make available for inspection a copy of every submission free of charge during office hours.
If you decide the amended Development Plan addresses all of your previous concerns, you may withdraw your submission by informing Council in writing.
To find out more about this development, please contact the Statutory Planning Department on (03) 9278 4888.
To find out more on how to lodge a submission to Council, visit Objecting to a Planning Permit application.