The City of Boroondara Council considered the Proposed Budget 2019-20 at its Council meeting on Monday 29 April 2019. Public Notice for the proposed Budget commences on 1 May 2019. The Proposed Budget outlines the major initiatives and actions (commitments) to be funded for the 2019-20 financial year.
From 1 May 2019 copies of the Proposed Budget will be available for inspection during normal business hours at:
- Camberwell office at 8 Inglesby Road,Camberwell
- Hawthorn Customer Service at 360 Burwood Road at the Hawthorn Arts Centre
- Kew Customer Service Centre at the corner of Cotham and Civic Drive in the Kew Library
- Ashburton, Balwyn, Camberwell and Hawthorn Libraries
- on Council’s website at www.boroondara.vic.gov.au
- emailing [email protected]
Written submissions about the Proposed Budget are invited. Submissions will be received until 5pm on 29 May 2019 and all written submissions will be considered in accordance with Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
Submissions marked “Proposed Budget” can be made:
- by post to The Chief Executive Office, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell 3124
- via email to [email protected]
- through online submission at www.boroondara.vic.gov.au
- or hard copy delivered to the Camberwell office at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell.
Anyone wishing to speak to Council in support of their submission should indicate so in their submission. Unless indicated otherwise, submissions will be presented to Council including the submitter’s name. Details of submissions may also be included within the official Council Agenda and Minutes which are a permanent public document and record and which may also be made available on Council’s website.
All submissions received will be considered by Council in accordance with Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Subject to any changes resulting from consideration of community submissions, the Proposed Budget 2019-20 will be adopted at the Council meeting to be held on Monday 24 June 2019, commencing at 6.30pm in the Council Chamber at the Camberwell office.
Any person requiring further information concerning the Budget should email [email protected] or contact the Finance and Corporate Planning Department on 9278 4341.