The Boroondara City Council has prepared Amendment C294 to the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
The amendment proposes to implement the recommendations of the City of Boroondara Municipal-Wide Heritage Gap Study Volume 4: Kew to introduce the Heritage Overlay on a permanent basis to 20 individual properties, nine heritage precincts and to extend six existing heritage precincts, as described below:
New heritage precincts:
- Banool Estate Precinct (HO799)
- Bradford Estate Precinct (HO798)
- Burke Road Commercial Precinct (HO800)
- Clifton Estate Residential Precinct (HO801)
- Cotham Village Commercial Precinct (HO802)
- Goldthorns Hill and Environs Precinct (HO803)
- Iona Estate Residential Precinct (HO804)
- May Street Precinct (HO805)
- Thornton Estate Residential Precinct (HO806).
Individual heritage places:
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO807)
- 349 Barkers Road (part), Kew (HO808)
- 315 Barkers Road, Kew (HO809)
- 1139-1141 Burke Road, Kew (HO810)
- 301 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO811)
- 230 Cotham Road, Kew (HO812)
- 264 Cotham Road, Kew (HO813)
- 370-376 Cotham Road (part), Kew (HO815)
- 4 Edgecombe Street, Kew (HO816)
- 59 Pakington Street, Kew (HO817)
- 20 Peel Street, Kew (HO818)
- 3 Perry Court, Kew (HO819)
- 25 Queen Street, Kew (HO820)
- 13 Raheen Drive, Kew (HO821)
- 6 Reeves Court, Kew (HO822)
- 35 to 37 Rowland Street, Kew (HO823)
- 28 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO824)
- 71 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO825)
- 96 Stevenson Street, Kew (HO826)
- 31 Studley Park Road, Kew (HO827)
Extensions to existing heritage precincts:
- Barry Street Precinct (HO143)
- Barrington Avenue Precinct (HO142)
- Sackville Street Precinct (HO162)
- Glenferrie Road Precinct (HO150)
- Kew Junction Commercial Heritage Precinct (HO520)
- High Street South Residential Precinct (HO527).
The amendment also seeks to update the Schedule to the Heritage Overlay (Clause 43.01), Schedule to the Documents Incorporated in this Planning Scheme (Clause 72.04) and Schedule to the Background Documents (Clause 72.08) of the Boroondara Planning Scheme.
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- During office hours, at the office of the planning authority, Boroondara City Council, Planning Counter, Level 1, 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
- At the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website: www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. The closing date for submissions is Monday 25 March 2019. A submission must be either lodged online at www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/C294 or be sent to Amendment C294, Strategic Planning Department, City of Boroondara, Private Bag 1, Camberwell, VIC 3124.
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Chief Executive Officer, Boroondara City Council