Notice is hereby given the Boroondara City Council at its meeting held on 24 August 2020 made the Boroondara City Council Common Seal and Conduct at Meetings Local Law pursuant to the Local Government Act 1989.
Purpose of the Local Law
The purpose of this Local Law is to:
- revoke Council’s Meeting Procedure Local Law 2017;
- regulate the use of the common seal;
- prohibit unauthorised use of the common seal or any device resembling the common seal; and
- create offences relating to the conduct at Council and delegated Committee meetings.
General purport of the Proposed Local Law
The general purport of the local law is to:
- regulate the storage and use of the common seal;
- establish a law which will maintain order at meetings; and
- create enforcement mechanisms for contravention of the proposed local law, which may incur a penalty specified in the proposed local law.
A copy of the Boroondara City Council Common Seal and Conduct at Meetings Local Law may be inspected at the Camberwell Municipal Offices, at 8 Inglesby Road, Camberwell and online at Council’s website www.boroondara.vic.gov.au.
The Boroondara City Council Common Seal and Conduct at Meetings Local Law commences on 1 September 2020.
Chief Executive Officer