With the worst of winter weather behind us, it's time to get back into the garden.
The City of Boroondara can help you dispose of garden off cuts with a booked bundled green waste collection in October.
Mayor of Boroondara, Councillor Jim Parke said every residential property is entitled to a collection in October and bookings can be made from 5 September until 21 October 2016.
"Residents can dispose of up to two cubic metres of bundled green waste, including twigs and branches, various garden prunings, " Cr Parke said.
"You can book now via our website or 9278 4444, and collections will start on Monday 3 October and finish on Friday 28 October.
"All collected material is transformed into mulch, so green waste will most certainly not go to waste."
Bookings must be made by 2pm on a Friday for the following week’s collection, and these are the requirements:
- a maximum of two cubic metres can be collected
- single tree limbs from 75mm to 200mm in diameter, free of branches and/or leaves
- tree roots that can be lifted by one person
- prunings and tree branches less than 75mm in diameter and 1.5m in length
- branches and prunings to be tied firmly with string or twine, and in a size that can be lifted by one person.
Bundled green waste is collected from the nature strip and at the kerb of the street frontage (or side of a corner property).
Bookings can be made from Monday 5 September with the last booking on Friday 21 October 2016, via www.boroondara.vic.gov.au/green-waste-collections or by phoning 9278 4444.
For more information email Nick Yallop, Communications Business Partner.
Phone: 9278 4015