Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project:
- Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days old. If the Certificate of Title discloses a restrictive covenant, then provide a copy of the document that created the restrictive covenant.
- Provide a site and floor plan, drawn to scale with accurate dimensions. Display the location and size of the proposed satellite dish in relation to all existing buildings on the site. Include the set backs to title boundaries.
- Provide elevation plans, drawn to scale with accurate dimensions. Display the location, height and diameter of the proposed satellite dish in relation to existing buildings and title boundaries on the site.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- See whether your application is eligible for fast-tracking under VicSmart.
- Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council.
To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
- Now, check whether you need a Building Permit.