Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
- Provide a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Write a neighbourhood and site description.
- Provide a design response or explanation of the proposed use. A design response is a plan that depicts how the proposed design responds to its context. It supports the proposal by showing how the design works within the site's constraints.
- Prepare a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council.
To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
If the project requires that you demolish an existing retaining wall, you nay also need to apply for a Planning Permit for demolition.
- Now, check whether you need a Building Permit.