Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
- Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Write a neighbourhood and site description.
- Obtain plans drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions, as well as an A3-sized set.
The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations measured from natural ground level.
- See whether your application is eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
- Complete the Application for a Planning Permit.
- Lodge the form, application fee and supporting documents with the City of Boroondara. For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
- Now, check whether you need a Building Permit.