Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
If you have determined that you need a Planning Permit for your project:
- Obtain a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days old. Include any evidence of restrictive covenants.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Prepare a plan drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations.
- Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council.
To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
For fee information and queries about supporting documentation, email Statutory Planning. at [email protected].
- Now, apply for a Building Permit.
A Planning Permit application for a deck is eligible to be assessed as a VicSmart application if your land is affected by the following overlays:
Significant Landscape Overlay
Design and Development Overlay (if the deck is associated with a dwelling)
Heritage Overlay (if the deck is visible from a street other than a lane, or from a public park)
Special Building Overlay (Conditions apply.)