Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
- Provide a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Write a neighbourhood and site description.
- Provide plans drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions. The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations measured from natural ground level.
- Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council.
To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
- Now, apply for a Building Permit.
A Planning Permit application for a verandah is eligible to be assessed as VicSmart if your land is affected by any of the following:
- Heritage Overlay
- Design and Development Overlay
- Environmental Significance Overlay
- Special Building Overlay (special conditions apply)
A Planning Permit application for a residential lot under 500sqm is eligible for VicSmart if it meets specific criteria.
|Cost of development||Application fee|
|Less than $10,000||$195.10|
|More than $10,000 and VicSmart applies||$419.10|
|Between $10,001 and $100,000 and works are associated with a single dwelling||$614.10|
|All other development||$1119.90|