Apply for a Planning Permit, if needed
- Provide a clear copy of your Certificate of Title, including the lot plan. You can get this from the Landata website. The Certificate of Title must be no more than 28 days' old.
- Write a cover letter explaining your proposal.
- Write a neighbourhood and site description.
- Provide plans drawn to scale (1:100 or 1:200) with full dimensions.The plan must show the site, floor layout and elevations measured from natural ground level.
- See whether your application is eligible to be fast-tracked under VicSmart.
- Complete the Planning Permit application form and lodge the form, fee and supporting documents with Council.
To download the form and submit the application, see Apply for a Planning Permit.
For fee information, email Statutory Planning.
If the cost of your works is greater than $1,029,000, the State Revenue Office (SRO) requires that you pay a Metropolitan Planning Levy. After you have paid the levy, the SRO will issue a certificate. You need to include this certificate in your Planning Permit application.
- Now, see whether you need to apply for a Building Permit.